Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Memorable fights with my sister

Frustrated Cat has Hissy Fit, Guinea Pig refuses to move! This video captures a very frustrating scene between Maxine, one of our six cats, and Buddy, one of our seven guinea pigs. The top of this cat perch is Maxine's favorite spot in the house, from here she garnishes attention from my husband. But on this day, Buddy was occupying that coveted spot.
My childhood home was furnished in a traditional late garage sale / early dump collection of furnishings. There was one really comfy. It had a high back, and padded sides, so you could dangle your legs over one side, while your bottom fell almost to the floor and your head rested against the other padded side. We covered it with an old soft quilt, as the once green fabric was thin and spotted with various food and other stains.
As the oldest, I was obviously a harder work than my baby sister and therefore deserved the chair whenever  I was at home and desiring to watch TV. My sister, being of lower intelligence than me, did not fully comprehend this law of nature.
As a result, she often refused to defer the chair to me or honor the time honored laws of the land that include being able to call "MY SEAT'S SAVED".
On one chilly autumn afternoon, I had made ginger cookies and then settled in the chair to watch reruns of I Love Lucy and Three's Company. Then my sister came home and hovered nearby, just waiting for me to vacate the chair.
I resisted the urge for more cookies, for a warmer blanket and even my need to pee.
Unfortunately after about 30 requests in escalating volume from my mother to clean up the kitchen from the mess I'd made baking cookies, I left the chair to clean up the kitchen.
As I left, I stared right at my sister and said, That's my seat! You may sit in it while I'm in the kitchen, but when I get back, it's my spot. Got IT!
Those of you with siblings or multiple children can guess what happened. Upon my return, there she sat, stubbornly refusing to move.

Literally I tried everything in this video and it didn't work any better for me than it had for Maxine!

No comments:

Post a Comment